Monday, March 18, 2013

Complicated Care Plans Require Flexibility in Treatment

Lately I have had several consultations regarding large-scale, complicated treatment plans to care for complex decay and periodontal disease. It's been pretty trying for me as I discuss the large costs of these treatments; my patients have developed these conditions over many, many years. To recommend the right kind of care for them, I have to walk a fine line between cost and care with them all. Most of the involved plans have a sticker price that is akin to a new car.

In order to make things affordable in dentistry, I have to find a way to create steps in care. I'm always using the simple (albeit sometimes oversimplified) analogy of building a house. At times I am proposing a remodel. Other times I am proposing a bulldozing and total rebuild. And when a house gets work done, it can happen in phases. No different in my line of work.

The reason it's important to share this?  Twofold. First, everything in dentistry is expensive. It's important for me to keep that in mind as I propose care plans, because it's a real world we live in with lots of expenses from all angles in our lives. If I can create a situation where patients can start a project, have stability in the interim, and finish it within a reasonable time frame while on a budget, then I feel good about that.

Secondly, dentistry done right is time-consuming. I actually feel steps HAVE to happen in many of these cases. "Teeth InAn Hour" is bandied about these days, and I don't think that fits the majority of patients; it's practically unfair to doctors and patients alike to push that same-day tooth replacement option.  Oral health doesn't blow up and fail in a day. So there's little chance that a quality result occurs in the same time frame.

Lastly, with financing, things can happen in steps with a flexible payment plan.

Give us a call to talk about your involved or complex care. I know we can find a way to make it happen in steps.

2 comments:

  1. To prevent cavities, you need to remove plaque, the transparent layer of bacteria that coats the teeth. The best way to do this is by brushing your
    teeth twice a day and flossing at least once a day.

    UK Dental Tourism

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a result, they supply a good covering for the tooth’s structure while not chopping or break it. Not solely can they continue to be intact however they conjointly don't suffer from any permanent harm.Also you gain good oral health if you regularly consult you Dentist.
    Thank's & Regard's
     Cosmetic Dentistry Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete